Dovetailing - Kimono (Silky Knit)
This is a one-of-a-kind, elegant and fun, kimono and is perfect for casually elegant occasions. It is based on the visual fine art of Laura Beaton.
See the matching face covering, sold separately.
Product Description: - See Fabric Transparency Sample Below
• Lightweight, silky-feel, stretch knit fabric
• 85% polyester, 15% spandex performance knit fabric manufactured in Canada
• The performance fabric features EcoPoly fiber, this fiber is eco-friendly since it requires significantly less energy and water during manufacturing than conventional polyester
• Every draped robe is printed and sewn by hand in Canada
• Vibrant print will never fade with wear or washing
• Micro overlock hem finishing
• Machine wash in cold water with a phosphate-free detergent, hang to dry, do not bleach
Medium: Chinese Ink on rice paper
Substrate: Gallery Canvas
This painting was created at the invitation of Toronto's Jacelyn Holmes (jazz singer, musician and country music songwriter) in support of her October 2020 CD release, followed by releases in Montreal, Tokyo and Europe.
I was asked to listen to her entire CD and select a song that spoke to me and then create a piece of art that was representative of that song. The song that spoke to me most was Dovetailing, which turned out to be the title track of the CD.
The process was inspired by listening to the song and creating a feeling of one becoming more than one. One being magnetically drawn to another; feelings that could not be ignored. Look closely as the painting also includes the lyrics (music and lyrics by Nefe)
View Laura Beaton’s fine art web site to see the original art.
All sales are final. If there is an issue with your order we will be happy to work with you to find a solution.
See our Refund Policy for additional info.
Production time 1-2 weeks (does not include shipping time)
May be brighter in colour than shown
Ships from Canada